Thursday, August 9, 2012

Things I Love Thursday

Things I am loving this week:


  • Rainy days. I love summer and the heat but I can't help but enjoy rainy days like today. They make me feel all cozy and justify my laziness. (However, I much prefer hot summer storms -- it's only 67 degrees out right now!)
  • School supplies. Buying new supplies was the only thing I really ever liked about school. Something about new notebooks and pens just makes me feel motivated. I still get the same way at the beginning of the year when I get a new planner, and I can always use new notebooks!
  • Crepes. Saturday, my mom and I went to a local coffee shop for coffees and crepes. I got banana + chocolate chips + peanut butter (and whipped cream, duh) and it was as amazing as it sounds. I mistakenly ordered the large but ate it all up. On a side note, sometimes as a treat my mom  would make me peanut butter, banana, marshmallow, and chocolate chip sandwiches for lunch ... ultimate flavor combo.
  • Fishtail braids. It feels like it takes forever, but the end result is always worth it.

  • Brownies. I made Mama Pea's black bean brownies and they turned out pretty darn good. They don't taste like beans at all. They do taste strongly like applesauce, though. I've seen some recipes sub mashed banana so maybe next time I will try a mixture of both. Still, at less than 100 calories each (for 12 servings), they make a nice chocolate fix!
  • Cockneys vs. zombies. My bf just showed me this and I cannot wait.





Find last week's TILT here: http://breakfast-cake.blogspot.com/2012/08/things-i-love-thursday-olympics-edition.html

No comments:

Post a Comment