Saturday, August 4, 2012

Breaking the Seal

Most people use the term "breaking the seal" in reference to taking that first pee during a night of drinking. Once you break the seal, you undoubtedly have to go every 15 minutes for the rest of the night. 


I'd like to talk about breaking another kind of seal... the ice cream seal. My bf and I recently completed P90X. We stuck to it and saw results, and I made it through the whole program (save for a quick trip to Tucson to visit my sister and bro-in-law) without eating ice cream. Ice cream is a huge trigger food for me. If I don't buy it, I'm generally okay, but once I give in, I need giant bowls every night. 1/2 cup serving? ... More like half a quart.


Michigan-made Hudsonville Cake Batter


I made it through that whole stretch and was quite proud. Until we went into vacation mode and I had ice cream almost every night (I think the nights I didn't I had s'mores -- another trigger! I cannot stop eating s'mores once I start.). Ever since, I have been craving ice cream every night. I try to buy no sugar added fudgesicles but nothing is really better in the summer than a soft-serve twist with sprinkles. 


Image via alison fayre & wikimedia creative commons


On an aside, I worked at a family-owned ice cream shop for seven summers when I was younger. I ate my fill of ice cream but never got sick of it. I do know to tip well, though, when I visit those types of places now! ;)


I don't really know where this post is going other than to say that I would be perfectly content with eating ice cream for dinner every night. 


Help me out here. What's your trigger food?

No comments:

Post a Comment